The Rotary Club of Truro has been part of the fabric of the community of Truro as well as the network of Rotary Clubs around the world since 1926.
The Rotary Club of Truro is proud of its years of service and benevolence in the community and internationally. In addition to providing assistance to countless individuals with special needs for medical treatment or equipment over the years, the Club has continued to focus on the needs of children with disabilities. An example of this would be the decade's long support for Camp Tidnish where the Club has provided up to $12,000 annually to enable 20 or more children with disabilities to attend summer camp as well as periodic contributions to maintain and improve camp facilities.
To celebrate the centennial of Rotary International in 2005, the Club committed $100,000 to the construction of the new Colchester Community Workshop, now known as Rotary House.The Club also contributed $100,000 to the new Colchester East-Hants Regional Hospital finishing that comitment in 2010.
Internationally, the Club has contributed generously to the Polio Plus campaign of Rotary International to help eliminate polio and to many other projects around the world.
We fully expect Rotary to serve a dynamic and vital function in both the local and international communities for many years to come.
Club Mail address
Rotary Club of Truro