Avenues of Service Citation
The Rotary International Avenues of Service Citation recognizes that the strength of the Rotary movement is founded on the service carried out by club members worldwide. This citation program provides a means for Rotary clubs to personally recognize one member of the club for his/her outstanding efforts in the Five Avenues of Service.
- Candidates for nomination must in good standing of the Rotary Club of Truro who have consistently demonstrated their support of the Object of Rotary through participation in service activities in each of the avenues of club, vocational, youth, community, and international service.
- Only one person per club may be nominated per year.
- Current club presidents and immediate past and current district governors and members of the Recognition Committee are not eligible.
- Clubs nominate one candidate for this citation.
- A request for nominations can be made via our Weekly Bulletin (early January).
- The Recognition Committee receives and makes nominations and selects the successful recipient (if any) each year.
- The club president must endorse the nomination form and submit it directly to RI Headquarters, with a duplicate copy provided to the district governor.
- Deadline: On-going, rolling basis
- Normally presented at the February Charter Night. (Recipient has an opportunity to express thanks at the microphone)
Recipients of the Avenues of Service Citation
|R. Lorne MacDougall||2008-2009|
|Donald (Bun) Hay||2004-2005|
|Dr. Herb McRae||2001-2002|